winter is my most favorite season. honestly. why? because even though i get chills, i love being able to layer up. plus winter style is far more interesting than that of summer. there is just more to work with in terms of cuts, layers, fabrics and colors. and well even if there is a vast selection out there – i still think that sticking to the basics is what will last you longer. what do i mean by basics?! simply ask yourself – what do you essentially need during this season?!
- a pair of black pants or jeggings is always a good idea to have around during this season. you can work with it during the day or night and throw in a pair of heels, sneakers or boots and it will always look perfect.
- bring out your knits. all kinds, all cuts, all color and all prints. go crazy. go nuts.
- leather jacket. oversized coats. sweaters. these will keep you warm and the you can go from being edgy to sweet in no time. make sure to stick to classic cuts and style – being trendy is ok but believe me, it will or may only last you for a season, and you will lucky enough if it lasts for two.
- beanies, berets and scarves. additional pieces to throw on just to add a little flair and warmth.
- boots. boots. boots. from high to low. heeled or not. need i say more?!
winter basics are simple and if you have one or two of each of the above, you are set. and remember that classics will last longer in your closet, no matter how many seasons come by. dont forget to check out the latest collection of BENETTON this season for your dose of classic winter basics. im sure you are gonna love them.
BENETTON top | BENETTON jeggings | BENETTON jacket | BENETTON boots | 3.1 PHILLIP LIM bag | KARL LAGERFELD sunglasses
photographs captured by princess lovella