i am your typical plain jane. i like basic colours. and basic silhouettes. but from time to time, i kind of go crazy and do prints. oh and i am not exactly as subtle as one would think coz i actually pile them all on. i have never been that afraid to do things like this, as long as i like the print and cut and as long as i am comfortable with the full outfit itself. it was never really a question whether it would add more pounds on me or not. even if i am annoyed with the few extra fat lingering around that may just get more attention with wearing prints, it has never stopped me from enjoying an outfit.
how do you like my prints? got the outfit from NAMSHI and they have some amazing stuff so get online and get a little dose of #mynamshi
note: the pants are actually way too big for me so i will be taking it to my trusted tailor for a little love.
in a world full of trends, i want to remain a classic…
- go slowly with prints especially if you are new at wearing the trend. it can be overwhelming so taking it slow can help.
- try smaller prints and patterns. that way it is not too overpowering.
- mix it with a plain bold colour to add depth and contrast to your look.
- tone down the accessories. your print should stand out and adding more to it may either make you look too overdone and tacky.
- mix your prints. from geometric. to stripes. to animal. have fun with it.
i am not a stylist so i am the basis of my notes are purely personal and how i make the trend work for me. so how about you guys? have you ever been afraid of trying on the print on print trend?! share your thoughts!!
SHOT ON LOCATION DOWN OLD DUBAI
photography by princess lovella
anyways, it is supposed to be a nice long weekend out here but because i have so much work to catch up on, i am actually on my desk instead of the beach. no worries though, once the work wraps up, i am off to the water!! who wants to join me?!