pajamas. i know we all love them. most especially when going to bed. but recently, the streets have turned upside down and turned our beloved PJs into one of the most comfortable trends. i am definitely not complaining because as you all know, i am all for comfort. but obviously we dont want to look like we just rolled out of bed, which by the way, was technically my case when i initially walked out for this shoot.
as my photographer scouted for a place to shoot downtown old dubai for this particular set, i was walking around minding my own business – already dressed up in this set but with hair up in a bun coz it was hot and technically wearing slippers coz i did not want to wait around in heels. anyways, an elderly man who i presume was a tourist passed by me and turned to ask, “so did you just wake up my dear?”
epic fail mahryska. epic fail.
anyways, i believe that there will always be people who will never understand what you wear. your style, and your perspective in clothes. dont mind it. simply enjoy fashion. and enjoy your personal style.
pajamas all day. every day.
in any case, here are a few notes to keep in mind when wearing this trend.
- preferably, wear the silk sets coz it gives a far more polished look. otherwise, you can try mixing your tops and bottoms to make it a little more interesting.
- i would usually go around in a nice pair of sandals or sneakers but me thinks wearing heels raises up the bar for this look.
- wear some fabulous accessories like a fancy clutch, long string necklaces with gems or pearls or a great cuff and cocktail ring.
- try throwing on a silk kimono or faux fur stole to add layers and texture.
- try wearing an oversized denim jacket over your shoulder.
SHOT ON LOCATION AT BASTAKIYA, DOWNTOWN OLD DUBAI
photography by princess lovella
so have you tried out the pajama trend? tell me your thoughts coz as much as i love it and prefer to wear it every single day, i know we all have different tastes and would like to know your opinion.