10 FACTS ABOUT ME
I was recently tagged by fellow Dubai-based blogger @millimidwood to share 10 facts about myself and figured it could be a fun thing to share on the blog. So sit back, grab a bag of popcorn and read on!
- I was born in the islands of the Philippines but I have been living in Dubai since I was 7 years old, so this is basically the backstory of my profile description – Born in the tropics and raised as a desert Bedouin.
- I have a Bachelors Degree in Fine Arts majoring in Interior Design. I have always loved the Arts. I used to create clothes for my dolls out of socks and random fabrics I could find at home when I was 5 years old (my mother always freaked out whenever she found old clothes cut in pieces), started painting when I was about 7 and if I am not mistaken, I explored my love for photography and held my first camera when I was 9 years old. My love for beautiful structures and interiors is still very strong and I am currently putting together my design for my own dream home.
- I cannot for the life of me, draw portraits. I could never get it right. Obviously frustrated with that fact, I went onto taking photographs and I realized that even though I couldn’t really use my hands to physically draw portraits, I could use a camera to capture them and capture them I did.
- My hair is super fine and stick straight. And naturally brown. I technically dye it jet black.
- I absolutely hate the smell of vinegar. To avoid discussions about it, I basically just move to another table during meals whenever there is a vinegar based sauce around.
- I can’t swim. Our family technically lives on an island and we travel there by boat, but I still can’t swim.
- I am an obsessive compulsive neat freak. But I promise I am not that bad. Everything in my place have to be organized to a certain level, it has to stay clean and I can’t stand things that are out of place. Obviously, when you have visitors, things get moved and get a bit messy which I don’t really mind – I told you I wasn’t that bad. I mean I know people who basically run after their guests with a broom as they eat and walk around to clean out crumbs falling off the floor. I only clean up and put things back in place once visitors leave and I am on my own. I enjoy cleaning and it is very therapeutic for me.
- I am from the Philippines but because I grew up in Dubai and learned how to basically read and write out here, I am not as well versed in my native language. Sure, I can speak it but technically I only learned how to converse, read/write basics in Tagalog when I went back home to the Philippines for college. So forgive me if I get confused or don’t make sense at times.
- I do not have a sweet tooth. I know, I know, it is weird but I am not the person to impress with desserts, nor is it something I look forward to or crave during meals. I have a bite but that is pretty much it.
- I do not know how to walk in heels. I absolutely hate them. Sure, they are great at adding height to a tiny woman like me and they obviously help with posture and completing a fabulous look, but given a choice, I would always grab sandals or sneakers. Plus, I always end up hanging on to a friend while walking in heels for fear of losing balance and breaking my hip. I am old, what do you expect?!